Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Wife, mother, daughter, registered nurse.





My name is Monica.

I’m a wife, a mother and loving registered nurse. During my free time, you can find me playing with my children, hanging out with my friends and our families, or you might catch me trying to find a way to brighten someone’s day.

When I’m working, my tattoos are covered under my scrubs. When outside of work, you’ll see my colorful art displayed on my chest and foot. The fairy on my foot was my first tattoo, I got it in 1997 when my father was given three months to live. Together, as a gift from him, we went and got tattoos together (my dad was always against tattoos), because he knew it would be a gift of a lifetime. My fairy is sprinkling magic dust to remind me that life is precious and magical, so magical that 15 years later, my dad is still with us.

The koi fish on the left side of my chest remind me of what I’ve been through over the last six months and to remind me to never give up. No matter how hard life gets, I need to keep swimming. It reminds me of my aspiration, strength and perseverance. The right side of my chest displays the spirit of an owl with a gypsy woman who has an American Indian appearance to her. It’s to remind me to always follow my intuition and gut instinct. To treat all mankind with kindness and love.

I have tattoos.

No comments:

Post a Comment