Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mother, wife, art-lover, works in an office


I have always been in love with art and expression. I’m not the best artist, but I love creating things or making them pretty because it makes me happy. When I turned 18, I had already known I wanted a piece of art on my body. I didn’t know it would turn into a passion. I find it extremely beautiful when people have artwork that means so much to them on their body. I have a story, a meaning, or a feeling for each tattoo, so I know those people have a reason, as well. I don’t regret being tattooed and I never will.


I am a mother, wife, employee, and friend. I can be labeled a lot of things, but being tattooed does not affect any of those aspects of my life. My daughter appreciates my artwork and loves me regardless. She doesn’t see tattoos as a negative thing. Her father and I are covered in them, and we are raising her to never judge a person by what they look like. I work in an office and do not feel the need to cover any of my artwork. No one has ever asked me to either. I appreciate the fact that I can be myself and the merit of my work is not judged upon the fact that I have tattoos. 

You meet some amazing people, when you stop living within boundaries society creates. I have learned to be open to everyone. I will smile at you if I pass you on the street and I’ll say hello if you smile back. It’s not hard to see people when you aren’t looking at their skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment